Dr. Nagarjuna Yerra, after completing fellowship in New York, came to Roanoke Rapids in 1997 and has been practicing Gastroenterology since then. Keeping patients’ convenience, comfort, and needs in mind, he established a state of the art endoscopy center in June of 2007.
He was trained in treating bile duct disorders by world famous gastroenterologist, Dr. N. Reddy from Hyderabad, India and was trained in gastroenterology and clinical nutrition by Dr. C.S. Pitchumoni, from Our Lady of Mercy Medical Ctr., Bronx, NY.
He obtained his medical degree from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, India. His board certifications are:
- Internal Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition and
- Subspeciality - Gastroenterology
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Bronx, NY.
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Bronx, NY affiliated with NY Medical College.
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- North Carolina Medical Society
- North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology
- Halifax Regional Medical Center, Roanoke Rapids, NC
- Nash General Hospital, Rocky Mount, NC
Dr. Yerra’s personal interests are photograpy, videography, painting, gardening, cooking, and traveling. He is married with two children.